Following the recent Government announcement of a National Lockdown from Tuesday 5th January, Yoga Bodhi will be unable to open until further notice.
All of our timetable is available on line & classes, courses & workshops will continue as usual.
England tier levels and Yoga Classes.
Tier 1 - Medium
- Organised outdoor physical activity and exercise classes can continue.
- Organised indoor physical activity and exercise classes can continue to take place following the rule of 6. Where more than 6 people are in attendance, students cannot gather/mix/socialise in groups of more than 6.
- There are exceptions for indoor activities for people with disabilities and physical activity for under-18s, which can take place with larger groups mixing.
- All businesses that are open should follow
Tier 2 - High
- Organised outdoor physical activity and classes can continue.
- Organised indoor activity and exercise classes can continue in groups provided students do not mix (closer than 2m distance) with people they do not live with or share a support bubble with.
- There are exceptions for indoor disability sport, sport for educational purposes and supervised sport and physical activity for under-18s, which can take place with larger groups mixing.
Tier 3 - Very High
- Outdoor classes can take place providing physical distancing measures are in place and health and safety regulations adhered to.
- Leisure centres and facilities can remain open for individual training. Group classes cannot take place.
- There are exceptions for indoor disability sport, sport for educational purposes and supervised sport and physical activity for under-18s.
Tier 4 - Stay at Home
- Group yoga classes cannot take place indoors or outdoors. Gyms and leisure centres must close.
- Private yoga classes can take place outdoors provided 2 m distance is maintained at all times.
- Education and training can take place in groups provided the venue is Covid-secure.
*** Exemptions ***
- Supervised activities provided for children, including wraparound care, groups and activities for under 18s, and children’s playgroups.
- Yoga for people with disabilities.
- Yoga as a form of therapy.
- Education and training provided as part of a formal curriculum.
How to join our online classes using Zoom
You can book into classes on our website, our app, Mindbody or MoveGB up to 15 minutes before the class is due to start, no later.
If you are using an iPad or phone you will need to down load the Zoom App first, then just use the link in the class invite email we will send you. There is no need to register or subscribe to Zoom.
Sign up for classes just as you would normally through the website, app or MoveGB
For all 'Live Streamed' classes you'll receive a confirmation email from FitGrid soon after signing up
60 minutes before the class start time you’ll receive another email from FitGrid with a unique link to access the live streamed class on Zoom. This is the same as now, but it will not come from a Yoga Bodhi email address
If you can't see the email check in your junk, spam or promotions folders. Look for subject lines containing the phrase "live-stream link"
Click the link a few minutes before the class is scheduled to start
There is no waiting room, you will automatically join the class straight away
If you do not have the Zoom application on your device, you’ll be prompted to download it
Enjoy your class
Please ensure you switch on your video and audio.
There will be time to ask how everyone is, check on injuries etc before the class actually starts. The teacher will then mute everyone’s connection so that you can only hear them.
Returning to the studio - precautions we have taken
A deep clean of the studio and props has been carried out
All touch points, such as door handles, toilets and sinks, along with mats and props will be sanitised before and after each class
There will be no overlap of classes so that more students are not arriving whilst you are leaving
Class numbers limited to a maximum of 15 across both studios when the doors are open or 9 in the large studio and 6 in the smaller studio.
There will only be mats, foam blocks and bricks available to use, no fabric props like bolsters, blankets, straps and eye pillows
Reception staff will be wearing PPE
Classes at the studio - what you will experience
Classes must be booked in advance, there will be no drop in places available.
Ideally arrive and check in for class 5 -10 minutes before class
When you ring the bell you may have to wait a moment to enter so that we can maintain social distancing.
Please make sure you are wearing a face covering on arrival which can be removed once on your mat in the studio. Face covering to be worn coming into the reception area and toilets
Those of you that have the Test and Trace NHS COVID-19 App we ask you to please scan the Yoga Bodhi QR code on your phone. These QR codes are dotted around the studio.
You will be asked to sanitise your hands on arrival
We will be asking to take everyone's temperature before they join a class
There will be no changing facilities other than use of toilets and hand washing, so we ask that you come dressed ready for yoga
Props will be limited to mats and blocks, our recommendation is that you bring your own mat or any props you might like to use with you, if you have them
Any bags will need to be taken into the studio with you so please try to keep them to a minimum to help with space.
Please bring your own water bottle as there will be no glasses or tea available at this time.
Love Live Streaming Class Passes are not valid for studio classes
You can purchase a one off class at the studio drop in price or our usual class passes are valid for both studio and live streamed classes
Some Frequently asked questions
What if I haven’t received a link to the class?
Please check your junk mail, some class invites have been going to junk or spam folders. A possible way of avoiding this is to add Yoga Bodhi to your list of contacts.
If you haven’t received an email by 10 minutes before class then please email: email@example.com and we will resend it.
Can I still use my MoveGB membership for a Yoga Bodhi class online?
Yes. Just sign up for class in the same way as usual, however you will need to use our email link to join the class.
I still have a class pass I bought at the studio can I use it?
Yes. Existing class passes are still valid and you can carry on using them as long as they have not expired.
How do I get a discount for being a student or on low income?
At this time our 20% discount is not available. We are unable to apply it online. We have substantially reduced our prices to reflect the current climate and in recognition that students are not getting the same face to face class experience.
Can I call the studio?
We are currently working from home not at the studio. If you want to get in touch please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Does my Love Live Streaming class pass have an expiry date?
No. These passes are however only valid for our online classes, they are not valid for classes at the studio.
What will happen to my Love Live Streaming class pass when the studio reopens?
Love Live Streaming class passes are not valid for classes at the studio. We will give you plenty of notice of our intentions around reopening the studio when that time comes. There will most certainly be a period while we transition where there are both online and studio based classes available, this should give you plenty of time to use any remaining classes on your pass.